IGU`s Dilip Thomas to represent Olympic golf
New Delhi: Council member of the Indian Golf Union (IGU), Dilip Thomas, will be a part of the International Golf Federation`s (IGF) Board of Directors that will look into the reintroduction of the game in the 2016 Olympic Games.
"I am honoured to serve on the Board of Directors of the International Golf Federation," said Thomas.
"Golf`s reintroduction to the Olympic Games will provide a catalyst for golf to grow throughout the world and no more so than here in India where the potential is so large," Thomas added.
Executive Director of the IGF Antony Scanlon said that Thomas brings along with him a lot of experience.
"When the IGF Board of Directors was established we aimed to draw on expertise throughout the golf world. Dilip brings with him a great deal of experience not just from his tenure with the IGU but also the years he has served as the Secretary General of the Asia Pacific Golf Confederation," Scanlon insisted.
Meanwhile, President Indian Golf Union Manjit Singh hailed Thomas` inclusion in the Board of Directors and reiterated that the move will boost the promotion of the game in India.
"We in India are very proud of Mr Dilip Thomas being nominated on the board of the International Golf Federation. This gives worldwide recognition to the Indian golf and will go a long way in promoting the game of golf in India," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj