IGU`s Dilip Thomas to represent Olympic golf
New Delhi: Council member of the Indian Golf Union (IGU), Dilip Thomas, will be a part of the International Golf Federation`s (IGF) Board of Directors that will look into the reintroduction of the game in the 2016 Olympic Games.
"I am honoured to serve on the Board of Directors of the International Golf Federation," said Thomas.
"Golf`s reintroduction to the Olympic Games will provide a catalyst for golf to grow throughout the world and no more so than here in India where the potential is so large," Thomas added.
Executive Director of the IGF Antony Scanlon said that Thomas brings along with him a lot of experience.
"When the IGF Board of Directors was established we aimed to draw on expertise throughout the golf world. Dilip brings with him a great deal of experience not just from his tenure with the IGU but also the years he has served as the Secretary General of the Asia Pacific Golf Confederation," Scanlon insisted.
Meanwhile, President Indian Golf Union Manjit Singh hailed Thomas` inclusion in the Board of Directors and reiterated that the move will boost the promotion of the game in India.
"We in India are very proud of Mr Dilip Thomas being nominated on the board of the International Golf Federation. This gives worldwide recognition to the Indian golf and will go a long way in promoting the game of golf in India," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...