IGU`s Dilip Thomas to represent Olympic golf
New Delhi: Council member of the Indian Golf Union (IGU), Dilip Thomas, will be a part of the International Golf Federation`s (IGF) Board of Directors that will look into the reintroduction of the game in the 2016 Olympic Games.
"I am honoured to serve on the Board of Directors of the International Golf Federation," said Thomas.
"Golf`s reintroduction to the Olympic Games will provide a catalyst for golf to grow throughout the world and no more so than here in India where the potential is so large," Thomas added.
Executive Director of the IGF Antony Scanlon said that Thomas brings along with him a lot of experience.
"When the IGF Board of Directors was established we aimed to draw on expertise throughout the golf world. Dilip brings with him a great deal of experience not just from his tenure with the IGU but also the years he has served as the Secretary General of the Asia Pacific Golf Confederation," Scanlon insisted.
Meanwhile, President Indian Golf Union Manjit Singh hailed Thomas` inclusion in the Board of Directors and reiterated that the move will boost the promotion of the game in India.
"We in India are very proud of Mr Dilip Thomas being nominated on the board of the International Golf Federation. This gives worldwide recognition to the Indian golf and will go a long way in promoting the game of golf in India," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now