India sixth at the Nomura Cup in Korea
New Delhi: Bangalore`s Abhishek Jha returned
the best card for the Indians, one-over 73, to help the team
to sixth place after the first round of the Nomura Cup golf
tournament in South Korea.
The Indian team posted a total of 12-over 228 with Rashid
Khan (76), Pawan Kumar(79) and Abhishek`s scores being
considered as the three best cards contribute to the team
Delhi lad Karan Vasudeva went nine-over 81, according to
information received here.
The hosts were on top with a commanding total of
four-under 212, four clear of the team from Chinese Taipei.
Playing his back nine first, Abhishek was even-par for
the round before a double-bogey on the 18th and a bogey right
after he made the turn put him back. But the 22-year-old came
back strongly with two birdies to finish one-over for the day.
He is currently tied for sixth place in the individual
standings, three off the lead shared by three players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan