India sixth at the Nomura Cup in Korea
New Delhi: Bangalore`s Abhishek Jha returned
the best card for the Indians, one-over 73, to help the team
to sixth place after the first round of the Nomura Cup golf
tournament in South Korea.
The Indian team posted a total of 12-over 228 with Rashid
Khan (76), Pawan Kumar(79) and Abhishek`s scores being
considered as the three best cards contribute to the team
Delhi lad Karan Vasudeva went nine-over 81, according to
information received here.
The hosts were on top with a commanding total of
four-under 212, four clear of the team from Chinese Taipei.
Playing his back nine first, Abhishek was even-par for
the round before a double-bogey on the 18th and a bogey right
after he made the turn put him back. But the 22-year-old came
back strongly with two birdies to finish one-over for the day.
He is currently tied for sixth place in the individual
standings, three off the lead shared by three players.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India