Indian trio in danger of missing cut at Dunhill Links
St. Andrews: Indian golfers continued to disappoint at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship as they were all in danger of missing the cut, which in this event is applied after three rounds.
Though the scoring has been rather good, with the leader Tom Lewis placed at 15-under for 36 holes, the best Indian was SSP Chowrasia (69-73) at three-under in 108th place, while Jeev Milkha Singh (71-72) at one-under and Gaganjeet Bhullar (72-75) at three-over were further down.
Chowrasia playing at St. Andrews was well-placed at three-under after 12 holes, but then shot three bogeys in a row and slumped down.
Jeev playing at Kingsbarns had three birdies against one bogey and one double. Bhullar, on the other hand, at Carnoustie had just one birdie against two bogeys and a double at three-over and is sure to miss the cut.
Tom Lewis` love affair with links golf continued after a seven under 65 at the Old Course gave the Englishman a one shot lead at the halfway stage.
But the highlight of the day was a round of 60 from American Peter Uihlein, who came within inches of posting the first 59 in European Tour history.
Lewis, 22, currently in 155th place in The Race to Dubai, is in need of a big finish in the next four weeks to break into the top 110 and retain his playing rights on The European Tour. But he is never more at home on golf course than when he sets foot on links land.
Winner of the Silver Medal at the 2011 Open Championship, Lewis also won the prestigious St Andrews Links Trophy as an amateur that same year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared