Indians golfers excited about Omega European Masters
Singapore: Bolstered by his third win on the Asian Tour this season, Anirban Lahiri, along with another rising star Gaganjeet Bhullar and seasoned pro Jeev Milkha Singh, would spearhead the Indian challenge at the Omega European Masters golf tournament which starts on September 5.
The 26-year-old Lahiri is hoping to ride on his good form and make up for the disappointment of missing the cut last year.
"The Omega European Masters is a great event and I always enjoy going back to compete. The scenery is beautiful and there`s no other place in the world like Crans Montana," said Lahiri.
Compatriot Gaganjeet Bhullar, who was conferred the prestigious Arjuna award earlier this month, will return to the event with renewed confidence.
Since making an early exit last year, the Indian bounced back in the most emphatic way by winning two Asian Tour titles in a span of five weeks and finished the year in fifth place on the Asian Tour Order of Merit.
"I`m more familiar with the golf course now and I think I can do well. I`m also more familiar with the train ride and I know where to eat now so I`m really looking forward to the week," said Bhullar, who is currently second on the Order of Merit.
As the only event on European soil to be sanctioned by the Asian Tour and European Tour, the Omega European Masters is an event like no other.
Played in the high altitudes at the Crans-sur-Sierre Golf Club, the breathtaking views of the Swiss Alps.
Rated as one of the most highly-anticipated events of the season, players from the Asian Tour will set out to emulate the success of Thailand`s Thongchai Jaidee and India`s Jeev Milkha Singh who have led the way in finding success on European soil with their respective win in Wales and Scotland in 2012.
This year, no fewer than 25 Asian Tour winners will be back to compete at the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble