Ishikawa`s late show disappoints Norman
Melbourne: Internationals captain Greg Norman expressed disappointment that Ryo Ishikawa had failed to arrive earlier in Melbourne for the Presidents Cup but said the Japanese talent was young enough to get over the jet lag and hit the course running.
Ishikawa was absent for a team dinner on Monday and was not due to arrive in Melbourne until later on Tuesday, leaving him precious little time to familiarise himself with the challenging Royal Melbourne course.
"Unfortunately, it is what it is," Norman told reporters on the first day of official practice on Tuesday.
"Obviously we would like to have as a team everybody together and being engaged from today onwards.”
"The great part about Ryo is he`s young. He`s a good enough player. He`ll have enough information coming his way about the golf course. I`m not concerned about it."
Ishikawa was one of Norman`s two captain`s picks for the Internationals loss in 2009 and posted a 3-2 record in his debut, second best for his team with Ernie Els.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket