Ishikawa`s late show disappoints Norman
Melbourne: Internationals captain Greg Norman expressed disappointment that Ryo Ishikawa had failed to arrive earlier in Melbourne for the Presidents Cup but said the Japanese talent was young enough to get over the jet lag and hit the course running.
Ishikawa was absent for a team dinner on Monday and was not due to arrive in Melbourne until later on Tuesday, leaving him precious little time to familiarise himself with the challenging Royal Melbourne course.
"Unfortunately, it is what it is," Norman told reporters on the first day of official practice on Tuesday.
"Obviously we would like to have as a team everybody together and being engaged from today onwards.”
"The great part about Ryo is he`s young. He`s a good enough player. He`ll have enough information coming his way about the golf course. I`m not concerned about it."
Ishikawa was one of Norman`s two captain`s picks for the Internationals loss in 2009 and posted a 3-2 record in his debut, second best for his team with Ernie Els.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!