Jakarta Classic kicks off ADT run
Jakarta, The inaugural Jakarta Classic will be the start of a four-week run for the Asian Development Tour (ADT) with plenty of Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR) points on offer.
The $60,000 tourney, which is staged July 17-20, will also play an important role in the ADT Order of Merit race where Nicholas Fung of Malaysia leads the rankings with $23,471.
The ADT, which is the feeder circuit to the premier Asian Tour, then heads to the Philippines for back-to-back events - $65,000 Aboitiz Invitational (July 24-27) and $60,000 ICTSI Mount Malarayat Classic (July 31 to Aug 3).
The Ballantine’s Taiwan Championship, returning for the fourth edition on the ADT, will offer $110,000, the highest prize purse on the ADT, at the Sunrise Golf and Country Club Aug 8-11.
A total of six ADT events have been played so far with Malaysia’s rising star Fung enjoying a splendid season with three top-10s and one victory at the PGM-UMW Templer Park Masters in Malaysia last week. His victory also moved him by 200 rungs from 690th to 490th on the OWGR to become the highest ranked Malaysian golfer in the world.
With close to $300,000 on offer over the next four events, the rankings on the Order of Merit are likely to see many changes as players jostle for positions. The top-three players at the end of the season will earn Asian Tour cards for 2014.
Slightly more than $4,500 separates Fung from James Bowen of the United States, currently second on the Order of Merit, while Grant Jackson of England and Mitsuhiko Hashizume of Japan trail by $6,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday