Jammu to host Greater Kashmir Golf Tournament from Saturday
Jammu: Set to to promote golf and tourism in the state, the two-day 8th Greater Kashmir Invitational Golf Tournament will commence here from Saturday.
The tournament would be held at Sidhra Golf Course, officials of GK Tournament said.
The tournament is being inaugurated by Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy, Dr Farooq Abdullah and the trophy and prizes will be given away by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday.
The tournament is being played for two days in which state and national level players are participating like Ragav Wahi, Sanjiv Singh, Shabir Bhat and Majid Khan Parvez Ahmad et cetera.
Besides, a lot of golfers from Army, BSF, J & K Police and other high dignitaries are also playing.
Golfers from all over the world have been invited by Greater Kashmir over the years to play golf in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Objective of the tournament is to promote golfing tourism in J&K by showcasing world-class golf courses across Jammu and Kashmir," said Fayaz Kaloo, Editor in Chief and owner of Greater Kashmir Newspaper group, who himself is a keen golfer and successfully held seven tournaments in Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation