Jammu to host Greater Kashmir Golf Tournament from Saturday
Jammu: Set to to promote golf and tourism in the state, the two-day 8th Greater Kashmir Invitational Golf Tournament will commence here from Saturday.
The tournament would be held at Sidhra Golf Course, officials of GK Tournament said.
The tournament is being inaugurated by Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy, Dr Farooq Abdullah and the trophy and prizes will be given away by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday.
The tournament is being played for two days in which state and national level players are participating like Ragav Wahi, Sanjiv Singh, Shabir Bhat and Majid Khan Parvez Ahmad et cetera.
Besides, a lot of golfers from Army, BSF, J & K Police and other high dignitaries are also playing.
Golfers from all over the world have been invited by Greater Kashmir over the years to play golf in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Objective of the tournament is to promote golfing tourism in J&K by showcasing world-class golf courses across Jammu and Kashmir," said Fayaz Kaloo, Editor in Chief and owner of Greater Kashmir Newspaper group, who himself is a keen golfer and successfully held seven tournaments in Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan