Jeev, Chowrasia for China Open
Tianjin: Former champion Jeev Milkha Singh and SSP Chowrasia will tee up at the Volvo China Open starting this week.
Jeev and Chowrasia are part of a strong field that also includes Englishmen Ian Poulter and Paul Casey, Peter Hanson from Sweden and defending champion Nicolas Colsaerts from Belgium.
Also in the field is Australian Nick Cullen, who is hoping to capitalise on his fine form and upstage the stars in this week`s event.
The left-hander claimed Enjoy Jakarta Indonesia Open last month and looks strong for the USD three million tournament at Binhai Lake Golf Club.
South African Branden Grace and Northern Ireland`s Michael Hoey, both winners on this season`s European Tour, are also among the challengers for the event.
This year marks the 18th staging of the China Open.
Only two players from the mainland have claimed the title. Cheng Jun was the first in 1997 while Zhang Lianwei prevailed in 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert