Jeev, Chowrasia likely to make early exit at Irish Open
Kildare (Ireland): Jeev Milkha Singh and SSP Chowrasia are sure to miss the cut after carding 75 and 73 in the first two rounds of the Irish Open at Carton House on Friday.
The Indian pair was way down at four-over for 36 holes, where the cut looked likely at even par.
At the top of the leaderboard, where Peter Uihlein and Robert Rock shared the clubhouse lead midway through the second round at Carton House.
Uihlein has been in good form after winning his first European Tour event at the Madeira Islands Open last month, while Rock had missed six cuts in nine tournaments since finishing tied for seventh in Dubai.
American Uihlein, a former US Amateur Champion, had five birdies and a single bogey in his second round 68 to reach nine under par.
England`s Rock saw off Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy to win the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship last year, and returned to that sort of form with four birdies and eagle at the long fourth in his 66.
Overnight leader Oscar Floren was in a tie for third, the Swede signing for a 71 to sit alongside former Ryder Cup captain Jos Mar a Olaz bal, Dutchman Joost Luiten and Portugal`s Ricardo Santos on seven under.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site