Jeev finishes 43rd at French Open
Paris: Jeev Milkha Singh had a tough day at the Le Golf National as he produced a final round of 76 to end tied 43rd at the Alstom Open de France Golf on Sunday.
Jeev, who had opened the tournament with a 68, had subsequent rounds of 76, 70 and 76 to finish six-over.
The other two Indians -- Shiv Kapur and SSP Chowrasia -- missed the cut.
Thomas Levet produced a superb final-round performance to claim victory on home soil.
The 42 year old finished one shot clear of Thorbjorn Olesen and joint overnight leader Mark Foster after holding his nerve in an impressive fashion over the notoriously difficult closing stretch at Le Golf National.
While others faltered throughout the day, Levet went round in 70 for the third round out of four this week to finish on seven under.
He becomes the second French winner of the tournament after Jean-Franois Remesy, who triumphed in 2004 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes