Jeev finishes 43rd at French Open
Paris: Jeev Milkha Singh had a tough day at the Le Golf National as he produced a final round of 76 to end tied 43rd at the Alstom Open de France Golf on Sunday.
Jeev, who had opened the tournament with a 68, had subsequent rounds of 76, 70 and 76 to finish six-over.
The other two Indians -- Shiv Kapur and SSP Chowrasia -- missed the cut.
Thomas Levet produced a superb final-round performance to claim victory on home soil.
The 42 year old finished one shot clear of Thorbjorn Olesen and joint overnight leader Mark Foster after holding his nerve in an impressive fashion over the notoriously difficult closing stretch at Le Golf National.
While others faltered throughout the day, Levet went round in 70 for the third round out of four this week to finish on seven under.
He becomes the second French winner of the tournament after Jean-Franois Remesy, who triumphed in 2004 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS