Jeev finishes 43rd at French Open
Paris: Jeev Milkha Singh had a tough day at the Le Golf National as he produced a final round of 76 to end tied 43rd at the Alstom Open de France Golf on Sunday.
Jeev, who had opened the tournament with a 68, had subsequent rounds of 76, 70 and 76 to finish six-over.
The other two Indians -- Shiv Kapur and SSP Chowrasia -- missed the cut.
Thomas Levet produced a superb final-round performance to claim victory on home soil.
The 42 year old finished one shot clear of Thorbjorn Olesen and joint overnight leader Mark Foster after holding his nerve in an impressive fashion over the notoriously difficult closing stretch at Le Golf National.
While others faltered throughout the day, Levet went round in 70 for the third round out of four this week to finish on seven under.
He becomes the second French winner of the tournament after Jean-Franois Remesy, who triumphed in 2004 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside