Jeev finishes 43rd at French Open
Paris: Jeev Milkha Singh had a tough day at the Le Golf National as he produced a final round of 76 to end tied 43rd at the Alstom Open de France Golf on Sunday.
Jeev, who had opened the tournament with a 68, had subsequent rounds of 76, 70 and 76 to finish six-over.
The other two Indians -- Shiv Kapur and SSP Chowrasia -- missed the cut.
Thomas Levet produced a superb final-round performance to claim victory on home soil.
The 42 year old finished one shot clear of Thorbjorn Olesen and joint overnight leader Mark Foster after holding his nerve in an impressive fashion over the notoriously difficult closing stretch at Le Golf National.
While others faltered throughout the day, Levet went round in 70 for the third round out of four this week to finish on seven under.
He becomes the second French winner of the tournament after Jean-Franois Remesy, who triumphed in 2004 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you