Jeev finishes tied 17th, Korean Hyun wins Tokai Classic
Nagoya : Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh played a steady even-par 72 on the final day to finish tied 17th at the 120 million Yen Coca-Cola Tokai Classic at the Miyoshi Country Club`s 7,315-yard West Course.
Jeev, who has played three weeks in a row in Japan, struck birdies on the second and seventh and his bogeys came on the fourth and 16th. He had rounds of 75, 72, 71 and 72 and totalled two-over 290.
Meanwhile, overnight leader Korean Hyun-Woo Ryu won his maiden title on the Japan Golf Tour with a playoff victory over Shingo Katayama. The 31-year-old Ryu is playing in his rookie year in Japan.
The Korean survived a triple-bogey six at the 190-yard 16th hole and then played two pars to ensure he would get into a sudden-death play-off in which he beat Katayama (66), who made up a five-shot deficit in the final round.
A final round 68 saw Japanese favourite Ryo Ishikawa climb into a share of sixth spot on 286 while Money List leader Hiroyuki Fujita ended 24th on 291. The next event on the Japan Golf TKyung Tae Kim (71) finished alone in third position at five-under 283.
our is the Canon Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning