Jeev, four Indians make cut at Moscow Open golf
Moscow: Jeev Milkha Singh recovered from a poor front-nine struggle to card an even-par 72 in the third round even as four other Indians made the cut at the Russian Open here.
Jeev continued to the best of the lot at two-under for 54 holes, while SSP Chowrasia was a picture of consistency with three identical rounds of even-par 72 each.
Gaganjeet Bhullar (74, 73, 69) was also at even-par, while Anirban Lahiri shot rounds of 78, 70 and 76.
Michael Hoey, a four-time winner on European Tour, was six-under through 14 holes in the third round, but he was four shots clear of the second placed defending champion Alexandre Kaleka (67) and Mathew Nixon, four-under through 15 holes.
Kaleka and Nixon were at nine-under.
Jeev, who was three-over for front nine, went to three-under on back nine to card 72.
Chowrasia and Bhullar were tied 39th and Lahiri was lying tied 64th. Shiv Kapur, who made the cut at the British Open last week, was the sole Indian to miss out after rounds of 76 and 76.
Swede Rikard Karlberg, whose two big international wins have both been on Asian Tour and in India, carded a fine four-under par 68 in tricky, swirling winds to give himself a two-shot lead after the second round.
The 26-year-old moved to nine-under at the halfway stage of the tournament, two strokes clear of England`s Matthew Baldwin, France`s Alexandre Kaleka, China`s Liang Wen-chong and Northern Ireland`s Michael Hoey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund