Jeev gets PGTI honorary life membership
New Delhi: Country’s top golfer Jeev Milkha Singh has been awarded the honorary life membership of the Professional Golf Tour of India while Bangalore pro Anirban Lahiri was named the Player of the Year.
Jeev, also an honorary life member of the Asian Tour, was conferred with the honour by PGTI president Gautam Thapar at the PGTI Annual Awards 2009 for being the true ambassador of Indian professional golf with his stellar performances in various international tours in recent years.
Lahiri received the Player of the Year award from Yogesh Shah, Managing Director of Rolex India.
Lahiri topped the Aircel-Professional Golf Tour of India’s Order of Merit for 2009 with total earnings of Rs. 36,57,853 in the year, which included two titles and had seven other top-10s out of 11 starts in the current season.
The Rolex First Time Winners Awards were presented to Indian professionals Gaganjeet Bhullar, Anirban Lahiri, Himmat Singh Rai, Amandeep Johl, Gurki Shergill, Vishal Singh, Gaurav Pratap Singh and Australia’s Kunal Bhasin.
These eight professionals registered their maiden victories on the Aircel-PGTI during the 2009 season.
Anthony Choat from Adelaide, Australia received the Aircel Emerging Player of the Year Award.
Choat won this award on the basis of accumulating the highest earnings (Rs. 5,75,553) among all those professionals who made their debut as full card holders on the Aircel-PGTI tour in the 2009 season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Special: The UP village where religion does not preach hatred
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi