Jeev, Jyoti, Lahiri to take part in Louis Philippe Cup
New Delhi: Ace golfer Jeev Milkha Singh, seasoned Jyoti Randhawa and emerging star Anirban Lahiri will turn up for their respective teams in the third edition of the Louis Philippe Cup pro golf league tournament to be held at the Bombay Presidency Golf Club from February 17-22.
It will be nine team tournament with Mumbai and Colombo being the newest entrants in this edition.
The four-day tournament with a prize purse of Rs. 1.2 Crore, is sanctioned by the PGTI and conceived and promoted by RN Golf Management (RNGM).
The nine city teams are - Navratna Ahmedabad, Puravankara Bangalore, TAKE Chennai, DLF Gurgaon, Jaypee Greens Greater Noida, AVT Kolkata, Dev-Ellora Laqshya Mumbai, Krrish Colombo and Shubhkamna Delhi.
Jeev, who played for Noida in the last two years, will play for Shubhkamna Delhi this season. Arjuna award winner Gaganjeet Bhullar will be seen representing his Jaypee Greens Greater Noida team for the second consecutive year.
India`s highest ranked player currently in the world and No 3 on the Asian Tour 2013 Rankings from Bangalore, Anirban will wear Puravankara Bangalore`s jersey for the third time in a row.
The two-time European Tour winner SSP Chowrasia will play for `TAKE Chennai` while Kolkata lad Rahil Gangjee will play for home team AVT Kolkata in 2014, once again.
The Mumbai team has bagged the former Asian Tour No. 1, Jyoti Randhawa. The team from Colombo will comprise of the two Sri Lankans ? K Prabagaran, N Thangaraja and Delhi lad Himmat Rai as the sponsors pick.
As per the team selection criteria, the top 18 ranked professionals on the final PGTI 2013 Order of Merit will join the sponsor`s pick on each three member team during the four day team competition.
Rookie of the year on the PGTI 2013, Chikkarangappa, who finished 2nd on PGTI`s 2013 Rolex Rankings, has earned himself a spot in the Puravankara Bangalore along with the unconventional Bangalore player M Dharma (8th on Rolex Rankings 2013).
Delhi lads Rashid Khan (1st) and Shamim Khan (4th) have successfully retained their spots in the Shubhkamna Delhi team as they look to defend the title they won last year and they will be joined by Jeev in their quest for a 2nd consecutive Louis Philippe Cup 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film