Jeev lies sixth at the Canon Open in Japan
Yokohama (Japan): Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh stayed in contention for the title after carding a bogey-free two-under 70 in the second round to lie tied sixth at the Canon Open 2012 on the Japan Tour on Friday.
Jeev moved to six-under 138 after 36 holes. The Indian ace, who is playing his fourth successive start on Japan Tour where he has won four times, is four shots behind leader Yuta Ikeda (68) at 10-under 134.
Though he had a tough day off the tees and with his irons, as he missed far too many fairways and greens in regulations, Jeev`s putter was red hot.
He required just 23 putts for the entire round. There was not a single three-putt and he had one-putts on each of the nine holes on the back nine.
"I putted like a dream, but my driving was off and I reached only a few greens in regulation," said Jeev, whose only two birdies of the day were on the 12th and 16th.
Ikeda, who shot 66 on first day, added a 68 and had five birdies against one bogey on par-three fifth hole.
There were as many four players, Shigeki Maruyama (69), Masamichi Uehara (68), Brad Kennedy (69) and Jung Gon-Hwang (69) at seven-under 137.
Jeev along with Ryo Ishikawa (70), Japan Tour veteran Brendan Jones (67) and Hiroyuki Fujita (66) were at six-under 138. Jeev, Jones and Fujita were bogeyfree, but Ishikawa had three bogeys and five birdies in his 70.
Jeev has played three events in Japan this year and his best has been tied 17th at the Tokai Classic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues