Jeev shoots six-under, jumps to tied 13th in Nordea Masters
Stockholm: Jeev Milkha Singh shot a flawless six-under 66 to move into tied 13th place at the end of the second round of the Nordea Masters at Bro Hof Slott Golf club.
Jeev, who had a modest 73 in the first round, had six birdies, four on the back nine, which was his first nine, and two more in the second half.
Shiv Kapur, who had a first round 72, slipped to 77 in second round and is certain to miss the halfway cut.
Meanwhile, Lee Westwood shot a brilliant second round 64 to take control. The World No. 3 from England fired eight birdies as he raced into a three-shot clubhouse lead.
Westwood`s Ryder Cup teammate Peter Hanson was his closest challenger after the Swede carded a 68 after a first round 67. Hanson was nine-under, as was Lloyd Saltman (67-68).
Three others -- Ignacio Garrido (67-69), Maarten Lafeber (71-65) and Richard Sterne (69-67) were tied at fourth at eight-under. Overnight leader Magnus A Carlsson (65-72) was at seven-under.
Jeev had a tough first round as he shot a 73, which included three bogeys in a row from ninth to 11th.
In the second round, Jeev teed off from tenth and birdied 12th and 13th and then added two more on 17th and 18th and he made it a hat-trick with another first. His last birdie of the day came on fourth and he finished at 66.
Kapur had a roller-coaster of a round with five birdies, four bogeys and three double bogeys in his round of 77. In his first round 72 he had five birdies and five bogeys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!