Jeev tied 14th, as Rumford wins second time in two weeks
Tianjin (China): Jeev Milkha Singh carded a creditable three-under 69 to get into top-15 for only the second time this season as he ended tied 14th at USD 3.2 million Volvo China Open here on Sunday.
Jeev totalled five-under 283.
Jeev, who was tied 10th at the season-opening Dubai Classic, has had two other top-25 finishes and this one should indicate that he is getting more and more comfortable.
India’s other challenger left over the weekend, Gaganjeet Bhullar carded a final round 73 and ended at even par 288 in tied 41st place at Tianjin Binhai Lake Golf Club.
Meanwhile, Australian Brett Rumford romped to his second title in as many weeks with a final round four-under-par 68 that gave him a four-shot victory.
Rumford added the China Open to the Ballantine`s Championship he won in Korea last week, capping a remarkable fortnight that has seen him bank over a million dollars and soar up the world rankings from 253 to the mid 80s.
The 37-year-old Australian finished at 16-under par, with Finland`s Mikko Ilonen (71) alone in second place and Frenchman Victor Dubuisson (68) third.
Dutchman Robert Jan Derksen (69) ended fourth at 10-under 278, while Ricardo Santos and Pablo Larrazabal (73) were tied for fifth at nine-under 279.
The top Asian was Kiradech Aphinabarnrat (75). He was tied 12th at six-under.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- WATCH: TERRIFYING! Ten times Brock Lesnar showed no mercy to his WWE opponents
- Why locals in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir are protesting against Nawaz Sharif's PML(N), ISI – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Woman killed for dowry in Etah; husband, five others booked
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka