Jeev way behind with 74 in Morocco
Agadir (Morocco): Jeev Milkha Singh had a tough time on the front nine as he carded a two-over 74 and languished in the 65th place after the first round of the Trophee Hassan II event on the European Tour. Jeev had bogeys on third and fourth, which was followed by a birdie on fifth. A double bogey on par-3 eighth was followed by a birdie on ninth.
He was two-over for the stretch and then he parred all nine on the return journey during the second day`s play, which was delayed indefinitely because of high winds.
Meanwhile, the leader was Damien McGrane, who carded seven-under 65 and took a two-shot lead. The 40-year-old McGrane started with an eagle on the par five tenth at Golf du Palais Royal. Though he had three bogeys on his card, there were also eight birdies, four of them in his last five holes. McGrane is two ahead of Spaniard Alejandro Canizares.
There were seven others at tied third at 68 each. The bunch included Spain`s Jorge Campillo, Dutchman Robert-Jan Derksen, Italian Ryder Cup star Edoardo Molinari, Welshman Phillip Price, Scot Richie Ramsay and English pair Kenneth Ferrie and Graeme Storm all three off the pace.
Italian 18-year-old Matteo Manassero, needing a win to qualify for the Masters Tournament at Augusta, kept his dreams alive with a three under 69.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader