Jimmy Walker wins PGA Frys.com by two shots
San Martin: American Jimmy Walker closed with a five-under 66 to capture the Frys.com Open and record his first PGA Tour victory.
Walker on Sunday had to come from behind to beat Vijay Singh by two strokes as he finished at 17-under par 267.
The win came in his 188th PGA Tour start.
Fiji`s Singh posted a three-under 68 to grab second place at minus-15 at the CordeValle Golf Club.
That was Singh`s best tour finish since finishing runner-up at the 2011 Northern Trust Open.
Third-round leader Brooks Koepka stumbled to a one-over 72.
He was joined in third place at 14-under-par 270 by Kevin Na (64), Scott Brown (64) and Hideki Matsuyama (66).
George McNeill (71) and Brian Harman (65) shared seventh place at minus-13, while Will MacKenzie (69), Billy Hurley (68) and Max Homa (69) were one shot back at 12-under-par 272.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days