Justin Rose says second straight day 63 at TPC Boston came out of nowhere
Washington: English golf ace Justin Rose has reportedly joined the ranks of this season`s Major winners to hit 63 at the Deutsche Bank Championship for the second straight day after British Open winner Phil Mickelson.
According to CNN, Rose hit four birdies on the front nine and four on the back nine for the eight-under 63 at TPC Boston to move into contention following his second round, and was four shots behind clubhouse leader Sergio Garcia.
Expressing surprise at his shot, Rose said that although he felt a bit lethargic, he found that he was doing okay after he looked at the scoreboard, following which the shot came out of nowhere, adding that he hopes to carry the momentum into the final two rounds at the tournament.
Meanwhile, overnight leader Mickelson slipped five shots behind Garcia, while the top-ranked Tiger Woods trailed Garcia by six shots despite striking five birdies and a single bogey for a 67, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city