Kapur 11th, Chowrasia 31st after first round of KLM Open
Amsterdam: Shiv Kapur landed two eagles in his opening round of three-under 67 to be placed tied 11th after the first round of the KLM Open on the European Tour at the Hilversumsche GC here.
His teammate SSP Chowrasia carded a one-under 69 and was tied 31st after the opening day.
Graeme Storm brought home a flawless 63 to reach seven under, putting him two clear of Martin Kaymer, who showed plenty of positive signs ahead of The Ryder Cup with a timely return to form. Kaymer was tied with Fabrizio Zanotti and Raphal Jacquelin in second place.
Kaymer`s European teammate, Peter Hanson was one of six players tied for fifth on four under, while Nicolas Colsaerts - one of Jos Mara Olazbal’s picks - birdied the last to go round in 70.
Leading the field is Storm, who currently lies 114th in the race to Dubai and faces a battle to retain his European Tour card. He has also been forced to cope with tragedy away from the course, with his grandfather passing away prior to June`s BMW International Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today