Kapur 11th, Chowrasia 31st after first round of KLM Open
Amsterdam: Shiv Kapur landed two eagles in his opening round of three-under 67 to be placed tied 11th after the first round of the KLM Open on the European Tour at the Hilversumsche GC here.
His teammate SSP Chowrasia carded a one-under 69 and was tied 31st after the opening day.
Graeme Storm brought home a flawless 63 to reach seven under, putting him two clear of Martin Kaymer, who showed plenty of positive signs ahead of The Ryder Cup with a timely return to form. Kaymer was tied with Fabrizio Zanotti and Raphal Jacquelin in second place.
Kaymer`s European teammate, Peter Hanson was one of six players tied for fifth on four under, while Nicolas Colsaerts - one of Jos Mara Olazbal’s picks - birdied the last to go round in 70.
Leading the field is Storm, who currently lies 114th in the race to Dubai and faces a battle to retain his European Tour card. He has also been forced to cope with tragedy away from the course, with his grandfather passing away prior to June`s BMW International Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31