Kapur finishes 15th, Bhullar 50th in South Africa
Centurion: Shiv Kapur stepped on the gas in the closing three holes for three birdies in a row and finished tied 15th at the Tshwane Open, here.
Kapur, who was even for the day and way down on the leaderboard, aggregated eight-under 280 at the end of tournament.
Meanwhile Gaganjeet Bhullar suffered a major mid-round lapse with three bogeys and a double bogey from eighth to 11th and finished with a card of 77 and ended tied 50th at two-under 286.
Former Ryder Cup star Ross Fisher overcame a gallant charge from Michael Hoey before eventually charging to a three-shot victory.
Having started the day five shots clear, Hoey reduced the deficit to just one after 11 holes, but then double bogeyed the 12th after finding water with his approach.
Kapur had just one birdie and one bogey in his first 15 as he struggled to hole his birdie putts. Then he found three in a row and climbed up. Bhullar, inside top-10 at one stage in the tournament at the halfway stage slipped in third and went down further in the final round.
Fisher then eagled the long 15th from 25 feet to extinguish any realistic hopes the chasing pack may have rendered, as he secured his fifth European Tour title and first since 2010 with a closing round of 70.
That gave him a 20 under par winning total, three clear of Hoey and South African Danie Van Tonder, with Spanish Qualifying School winner Carlos Del Moral a shot further back.
Fisher admitted his eagle on the 15th had helped to settle any potential nerves. Hoey eventually signed for a closing 68, while Van Tonder was bogey-free in his round of 66.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you