Kapur finishes 15th, Bhullar 50th in South Africa
Centurion: Shiv Kapur stepped on the gas in the closing three holes for three birdies in a row and finished tied 15th at the Tshwane Open, here.
Kapur, who was even for the day and way down on the leaderboard, aggregated eight-under 280 at the end of tournament.
Meanwhile Gaganjeet Bhullar suffered a major mid-round lapse with three bogeys and a double bogey from eighth to 11th and finished with a card of 77 and ended tied 50th at two-under 286.
Former Ryder Cup star Ross Fisher overcame a gallant charge from Michael Hoey before eventually charging to a three-shot victory.
Having started the day five shots clear, Hoey reduced the deficit to just one after 11 holes, but then double bogeyed the 12th after finding water with his approach.
Kapur had just one birdie and one bogey in his first 15 as he struggled to hole his birdie putts. Then he found three in a row and climbed up. Bhullar, inside top-10 at one stage in the tournament at the halfway stage slipped in third and went down further in the final round.
Fisher then eagled the long 15th from 25 feet to extinguish any realistic hopes the chasing pack may have rendered, as he secured his fifth European Tour title and first since 2010 with a closing round of 70.
That gave him a 20 under par winning total, three clear of Hoey and South African Danie Van Tonder, with Spanish Qualifying School winner Carlos Del Moral a shot further back.
Fisher admitted his eagle on the 15th had helped to settle any potential nerves. Hoey eventually signed for a closing 68, while Van Tonder was bogey-free in his round of 66.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!