Kapur, Lahiri to lead Indian challenge at Indonesian Masters
Jakarta: In-form Shiv Kapur and Anirban Lahiri will spearhead a strong Indian challenge at the CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters which starts on Thursday.
Kapur, who has tasted win on the European Challenge Tour this year, and Lahiri, who won the SAIL-SBI Open this year, are among the Indians, who will tee up at the event.
Other Indians are Digvijay Singh, Himmat Rai, C Muniyappa, Jyoti Randhawa, Sujjan Singh, Rahil Gangjee, Ajeetesh Sandhu, Abhijit Chadha, Shankar Das and Chiragh Kumar.
The elite field at Jakarta includes four-time Major champion Ernie Els of South Africa, three-time Order of Merit winner Thongchai Jaidee of Thailand and 2011 Open Championship winner Darren Clarke of Northern Ireland.
Kapur after going through seven years without a win won twice in two starts. He won an Indian domestic event at the end of 2012 and then again triumphed in his first event of 2013.
On two other occasions Kapur has come close with fourth places in SAIL-SBI Open and India Open. He was also tied 22nd at Malaysian Open, tied 26th at Chiangmai and tied 31st at Ballantine`s.
"I have been playing well and it is a matter of getting four rounds together and after winning twice in quick succession, the confidence is also back," said Kapur.
Lahiri retained the SAIL-SBI Open and it was the third time he had won at the Delhi Golf Club. He also had three top-30 finishes at Avanthja Masters, Chiangmai Classic and India Open.
Meanwhile, John Daly of the United States withdrew from the CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters due to a family matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof