Kapur makes cut at Gleneagles, Chowrasia misses out
leneagles (Scotland): India`s Shiv Kapur birdied his final two holes to keep himself afloat for weekend action but his compartiot SSP Chowrasia missed the cut at The Johnnie Walker Championship here.
Kapur had two successive rounds of 72 each to be tied at even par for 36 holes last evening. He was tied 50th.
SSP Chowrasia missed the cut by one stroke after rounds of 74 and 71.
Kapur, playing only his second event in six weeks, is currently 140th on the Money List and needs to get into top 115 to get his card back for 2013. Kapur`s best cheque this season has been from his tied 23rd at the Alstom Open de France at Euros 32,760.
English duo Mark Foster and Richard Finch were on top heading into the weekend. They were eight under par after a rainy day at The Gleneagles hotel. There were no less than 17 players within four shots with two more rounds to go.
A year ago, Foster led this event by one with one hole to play last year. Bt he shot a bogey six and then lost out in a five-man play-off Thomas Bj?rn emerged winner. On Friday Foster shot 68, while Finch had a 67.
The duo was a stroke ahead of Scotland`s Paul Lawrie and Australian Brett Rumford, with Frenchman Gregory Bourdy and Paul Waring two back.
Nicolas Colsaerts joins David Howell in a tie for seventh, while among those just one behind the big-hitting Belgian is Colin Montgomerie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!