Kapur`s stunning 65 earns him top-20 finish in Helsinki
Helsinki (Finland): Shiv Kapur brought in the day`s best card of seven-under 65 to finish tied 18th at the Finnish Challenge on the European Challenge Tour.
Kapur, who won the season`s opening Challenge Tour event in India, finished at 11-under 277 after rounds of 70, 71, 71 and 65.
Last fortnight Kapur made the cut at the Open Championships at Muirfield after leading at the end of the front nine on opening day.
Stuart Manley marched to his maiden European Challenge Tour title at the Finnish Challenge as a clinical final day performance earned him a three under par round of 69 and a two-shot victory.
The Welshman has been a regular on both The European Tour and Challenge Tour since 2004 and has let chances slip before to claim a first title but he made no mistake this time after bouncing back from a bogey on the opening hole to produce a nerveless performance when it mattered most. Manley picked up a Euro 27,200 cheque.
Manley`s win moved him to seventh place in the Challenge Tour Rankings and now he believes he has the confidence to go on and secure one of the all-important 15 European Tour cards on offer at the end of the season.
Jos-Filipe Lima was the closest to catching Manley as the Portuguese carded three birdies and an eagle at the 17th to briefly threaten but he unfortunately ran out of holes and had to settle for outright second place, also moving to second place in the Rankings as his consistent season continues.
Three shots further back in tied third place were Englishman Jamie Elson, who carded a four under par 68, and Swede Jens Fahrbring, whose level par 72 earned him the best result of his Challenge Tour career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video