Kapur tied 45th at Saint-Omer in France
Saint-Omer (France): Shiv Kapur carded a disappointing two-over 73 in the opening round which left him at the tied 45th spot on the leader-board at the Saint-Omer Open here.
Kapur opened with a bogey on the third hole, which was neutralised by a birdie on the sixth. But a double bogey on seventh set him back again.
The back-to-back birdies on the 10th and 11th brought him to even-par once again. Consecutive bogeys on the 13th and 14th followed by four pars saw him end the day at 73.
The 31-year-old Adam Gee of England, coming back from a long injury-lay off, shot a four-under 67 to share the lead with Simon Wakefield of England and Sihwan Kim of South Korea in the opening round.
Darren Fichardt of South Africa had a 68, tied with Raymond Russell of Scotland and Raul Quiros of Spain. Americans Scott Pinckney and Berry Henson shot 69s.
The 500,000 euro tournament is jointly sanctioned by the European Tour and the Challenge Tour.
With a prize fund that counts in both The Race to Dubai and the Challenge Tour Rankings, and a European Tour card until the end of 2013 for the winner, the Saint-Omer Open represents a Major Championship for players on the second tier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?