Kapur tied 45th at Saint-Omer in France
Saint-Omer (France): Shiv Kapur carded a disappointing two-over 73 in the opening round which left him at the tied 45th spot on the leader-board at the Saint-Omer Open here.
Kapur opened with a bogey on the third hole, which was neutralised by a birdie on the sixth. But a double bogey on seventh set him back again.
The back-to-back birdies on the 10th and 11th brought him to even-par once again. Consecutive bogeys on the 13th and 14th followed by four pars saw him end the day at 73.
The 31-year-old Adam Gee of England, coming back from a long injury-lay off, shot a four-under 67 to share the lead with Simon Wakefield of England and Sihwan Kim of South Korea in the opening round.
Darren Fichardt of South Africa had a 68, tied with Raymond Russell of Scotland and Raul Quiros of Spain. Americans Scott Pinckney and Berry Henson shot 69s.
The 500,000 euro tournament is jointly sanctioned by the European Tour and the Challenge Tour.
With a prize fund that counts in both The Race to Dubai and the Challenge Tour Rankings, and a European Tour card until the end of 2013 for the winner, the Saint-Omer Open represents a Major Championship for players on the second tier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad