Kapur tied third, Lahiri ninth before lightning halts play
Jakarta: Indian golfers had a good start in the third round, but it was halted all too soon as adverse weather forced suspension of play at the CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters here on Wednesday.
Shiv Kapur was two-under through four holes, while Anirban Lahiri and Jyoti Randhawa were three-under with half their round still to play and Gaganjeet Bhullar, too, was two-under through seven.
However, Lee Westwood continued to hold sway at the top as he birdied the first and fourth holes to move to 13-under before play was suspended due to lightning threats at 1.08pm. Play was subsequently called off for the day at 5pm as weather conditions did not improve at the Royale Jakarta Golf Club.
Kapur birdied the first and fourth to go to seven-under and he was tied third. Lahiri, winner of SAIL-SBI Open this season, birdied the third and then had three in a row from fifth to seventh.
However, a bogey on eighth saw him at three-under for the day and five-under for the tournament with 10 more holes to go. He was tied ninth.
Randhawa, who slipped after a good first day, was catching up again as he was three-under through nine with four birdies and a bogey to be tied 13th, the same as Bhullar who birdied twice in seven holes to be four-under.
Sujjan Singh was even through nine and Ajeetesh Sandhu was also even after seven. Himmat Rai, four-over through 10 holes, Shankar Das two-over after four and Rashid Khan three-over after five had made the cut but were struggling in third round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city