Kavita Singh is first Indian woman on LET Board of Directors
New Delhi: The Ladies European Tour (LET) gave the fledgling Women`s Golf Association of India a big boost by appointing Kavita Singh, the current President of the WGAI, to the LET Board as one of its non-executive directors for a period of three years.
Singh, under whose direction and guidance, the Hero Women`s Indian Open has become a big success on the LET and Ladies Asian Golf Tour (LAGT) is the first woman Non-executive Director and the first Indian Woman to receive an appointment to the renowned International golf board.
"It is indeed my proud privilege to announce that our President Mrs Kavita Singh has been appointed to the Ladies European Tour Board as a non-executive Director for a period of three years," said Champika Sayal, Secretary-General of WGAI.
"The appointment of Mrs Kavita Singh reiterates India`s standing in Women`s Golf on a global scenario and is a big recognition of the growth of the sport in India," she added.
This is a big step forward for Women`s Golf in India particularly since it is to be included for the 2016 Olympics. Also India now has a full-fledged women`s tour, which from this year has also opened its doors to limited international participation in domestic events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer