Kavita Singh is first Indian woman on LET Board of Directors
New Delhi: The Ladies European Tour (LET) gave the fledgling Women`s Golf Association of India a big boost by appointing Kavita Singh, the current President of the WGAI, to the LET Board as one of its non-executive directors for a period of three years.
Singh, under whose direction and guidance, the Hero Women`s Indian Open has become a big success on the LET and Ladies Asian Golf Tour (LAGT) is the first woman Non-executive Director and the first Indian Woman to receive an appointment to the renowned International golf board.
"It is indeed my proud privilege to announce that our President Mrs Kavita Singh has been appointed to the Ladies European Tour Board as a non-executive Director for a period of three years," said Champika Sayal, Secretary-General of WGAI.
"The appointment of Mrs Kavita Singh reiterates India`s standing in Women`s Golf on a global scenario and is a big recognition of the growth of the sport in India," she added.
This is a big step forward for Women`s Golf in India particularly since it is to be included for the 2016 Olympics. Also India now has a full-fledged women`s tour, which from this year has also opened its doors to limited international participation in domestic events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview