Kevin Streelman shares lead at rain-hit RBC Heritage
Hilton Head: Kevin Streelman birdied three of his first five holes en route to a one-under-par 70 to seize a share of the RBC Heritage lead before second-round play was suspended.
Streelman is tied with Steve LeBrun and Charley Hoffman, who finished their second rounds at three-under 68 and one-under 70, respectively.
The three leaders have totals of six-under-par 136 at the USD 5.8 million PGA Tour event at the Harbour Town Golf Links course.
"I didn`t hit it quite as crisply as I did yesterday and had a lot of putts around the edge, but overall if I can keep myself in position to contend on the weekend I`m happy," said Streelman.
Play was suspended because of rain with 17 players still on the course. They will finish their rounds on Saturday morning, with the third round starting straight after.
England`s Luke Donald (68) and American Bill Haas share fourth place at five-under while Northern Ireland`s Graeme McDowell and Australians` Stuart Appleby (68) and Marc Leishman (71) are part of a group of seven players tied for sixth at four-under 138. McDowell tied for the low round of the day at four-under 67.
Donald, who lost in a playoff at Hilton Head to Brandt Snedeker in 2011, said: "I managed my game very well. I kind of didn`t feel very comfortable over the ball, but I missed it in spots that I needed to miss it."
Co-leader LeBrun said: "I`ve hit it really well. I took a week off last week and I feel fresh and ready to go. For me, it all comes down to the short game."
Hoffman started on the back nine and opened with a bogey at the 10th, but bounced back on the 12th with a seven-foot birdie putt.
He stumbled to a bogey at the 15th and then parred the next seven holes before rolling in another birdie at the fifth. Hoffman closed with consecutive birdies at the 8th and 9th to join Streelman atop the leaderboard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire