Kevin Streelman shares lead at rain-hit RBC Heritage
Hilton Head: Kevin Streelman birdied three of his first five holes en route to a one-under-par 70 to seize a share of the RBC Heritage lead before second-round play was suspended.
Streelman is tied with Steve LeBrun and Charley Hoffman, who finished their second rounds at three-under 68 and one-under 70, respectively.
The three leaders have totals of six-under-par 136 at the USD 5.8 million PGA Tour event at the Harbour Town Golf Links course.
"I didn`t hit it quite as crisply as I did yesterday and had a lot of putts around the edge, but overall if I can keep myself in position to contend on the weekend I`m happy," said Streelman.
Play was suspended because of rain with 17 players still on the course. They will finish their rounds on Saturday morning, with the third round starting straight after.
England`s Luke Donald (68) and American Bill Haas share fourth place at five-under while Northern Ireland`s Graeme McDowell and Australians` Stuart Appleby (68) and Marc Leishman (71) are part of a group of seven players tied for sixth at four-under 138. McDowell tied for the low round of the day at four-under 67.
Donald, who lost in a playoff at Hilton Head to Brandt Snedeker in 2011, said: "I managed my game very well. I kind of didn`t feel very comfortable over the ball, but I missed it in spots that I needed to miss it."
Co-leader LeBrun said: "I`ve hit it really well. I took a week off last week and I feel fresh and ready to go. For me, it all comes down to the short game."
Hoffman started on the back nine and opened with a bogey at the 10th, but bounced back on the 12th with a seven-foot birdie putt.
He stumbled to a bogey at the 15th and then parred the next seven holes before rolling in another birdie at the fifth. Hoffman closed with consecutive birdies at the 8th and 9th to join Streelman atop the leaderboard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened