Kunal Bhasin finishes tied 39th, Lu Wei-chih claims title
Taipei: Kunal Bhasin had to be contend with a tied 39th place finish with a final round score of 75 at the Yeangder Tournament Players Championship (TPC) on the Asian Tour on Sunday.
Bhasin had just one birdie and four bogeys, three of them on the back nine, to finish with a total of seven-over 295.
Chinese Taipei`s Lu Wei-chih, starting the day five shots off the lead,, sank a crucial birdie on the closing hole to grab his second Asian Tour title.
Lu posted a final round three-under-par 69 for a four-day total of five-under-par 283 to deny compatriot Lu Wen-teh his sixth Tour win as well as the opportunity to become the second oldest winner in the Asian Tour history at 48 years and 225 days.
Wen-teh closed with a 73 to take second place on 284 while Mars Pucay of the Philippines signed off with a 74 to take the third place.
Australia`s Adam Groom posted a 72 to share the fourth place with Chinese Taipei`s Lin Wen-tang and Kao Shang-hung on 287 at the USD 300,000 full field Asian Tour event at the Linkou International Golf Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan