Lahiri, Bhullar lead strong Indian challenge
Macau: Anirban Lahiri and Gaganjeet Bhullar, who have both won once each this year, will lead a strong Indian challenge at the USD 750,000 Venetian Macau Open which starts on Thursday.
Lahiri, this year, won the SAIL-SBI Open, while Bhullar won the Yeangder TPC in Taiwan. But the others have also been growing in confidence as the progressed.
Other Indians in the fray will be three-time Asian tour winner and the man in form, Gaganjeet Bhullar, former Asian Tour rookie, Shiv Kapur, two-time winner of joint sanctioned events, SSP Chowrasia, Singapore Masters winner, Himmat Rai and Ajeetesh Sandhu.
Lahiri said, "My first year on Tour in 2008, I played with David Gleeson in the leader group in the third day. I`ve got good and positive memories of playing here. It`s a layout that is quite challenging but it suits my eye. I love coming back here.
"It`s a lot of judgement and how you gauge the winds. It`s a tricky golf course and very penal off the tee. You have to be on the short grass."
He added, "I had a great rest last week. I caught up with my coach. I wasn`t very happy with the way I was hitting it. It seems to be moving in the right direction. I was happy with my decision to not play last week and just worked on my game."
Speaking about his new look, he smiled and said, "Ever since I was in school, I was always keen to experiment. I`ve had French beard, goatees, what ever I could do. I started getting facial hair since I was 15. Sometimes I get bored looking at my own face and I`ll try something new."
And he sure is ready to add some new titles to his kitty, too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees