Lahiri cards 67 to move to eighth spot, Gangjee makes cut
Samui (Thailand): Anirban Lahiri carded a superb four-under 67 and was one of the only two Indians who made the halfway cut at the USD 312,000 Queen`s Cup here on Friday.
Lahiri, who is now four-under 138 for two rounds, is lying tied eighth, while the other Indian ensuring action for the weekend was Rahil Gangjee, who added a life-saving three-under to his first 76 to survive the cut. At two-over 144 he was tied 48th.
The remaining Indians in the fray -- Sujjan Singh (73-75), Himmat Rai (79-72), C Muniyappa (76-76), Abhijit Chadha (78-75) and Ajeetesh Sandhu (78-79) -- missed the cut.
At the top, Japan`s Daisuke Kataoka is on a revenge hunt after he signed for a second round three-under-par 68 to continue his stranglehold in the event.
After suffering the disappointment of missing out on a grandstand finish in his last event in Jakarta, the 24-year-old is determined not to lose his grip on the lead again as he heads into the weekend round with a two-day total of nine-under-par 133 at the Santiburi Samui Country Club.
Thailand`s Prayad Marksaeng kept the local hopes alive when he fired the day`s lowest score of 64 to share second place with Bangladesh`s Siddikur.
Malaysia`s Nicholas Fung also posted a 64 to take fourth place alongside Thailand`s Arnond Vongvanij and Jazz Janewattananond on matching 136s.
Meanwhile, Prayad will be looking to claim his long awaited victory at Santiburi Samui Country Club having come close with three top-three finishes since the Queen`s Cup made its debut on the Asian Tour in 2009.
Having won the King`s Cup in his rookie year, the 24-year-old Arnond knows the Queen`s Cup would be a nice addition in his trophy cabinet.
Reigning Asian Tour Order of Merit champion Thaworn Wiratchant of Thailand made an early exit after he carded a 75 to miss the weekend cut, which was set at four-over-par.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog