Lahiri jumps to tied 8th after Rd3 of Queen’s Cup
Samui: Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri put himself in contention for a top-five finish with a five-under 66 in the penultimate round that catapulted him to the eighth spot in the USD 300,000 Queen’s Cup on Friday.
Lahiri reeled off seven birdies against a couple of bogeys to take his total to eight-under 205.
Among other Indians, Himmat Rai slipped to the tied 17th spot after a one-over 72 left his total at four-under 209.
Further down, Rahil Gangjee carded a second successive one-under 70 to total one-under 212 and take a share of the 27th position.
C Muniyappa had a poor day as he returned a four-over 75 to be tied for the 54th spot with a total of four-over 217.
Japan’s Yoshinobu Tsukada drained a 15-foot eagle putt on the last hole to snatch a one-shot lead from Thailand’s Chinnarat Phadungsil.
Tskuba overcame a three-shot deficit at the start of the day with a solid five-under 66 to total 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr