Lahiri jumps to tied 8th after Rd3 of Queen’s Cup
Samui: Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri put himself in contention for a top-five finish with a five-under 66 in the penultimate round that catapulted him to the eighth spot in the USD 300,000 Queen’s Cup on Friday.
Lahiri reeled off seven birdies against a couple of bogeys to take his total to eight-under 205.
Among other Indians, Himmat Rai slipped to the tied 17th spot after a one-over 72 left his total at four-under 209.
Further down, Rahil Gangjee carded a second successive one-under 70 to total one-under 212 and take a share of the 27th position.
C Muniyappa had a poor day as he returned a four-over 75 to be tied for the 54th spot with a total of four-over 217.
Japan’s Yoshinobu Tsukada drained a 15-foot eagle putt on the last hole to snatch a one-shot lead from Thailand’s Chinnarat Phadungsil.
Tskuba overcame a three-shot deficit at the start of the day with a solid five-under 66 to total 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies
- BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016: Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts Results, BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be declared on May 25
- Spectrum cost very high in India, says Sistema