Lahiri jumps to tied 8th after Rd3 of Queen’s Cup
Samui: Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri put himself in contention for a top-five finish with a five-under 66 in the penultimate round that catapulted him to the eighth spot in the USD 300,000 Queen’s Cup on Friday.
Lahiri reeled off seven birdies against a couple of bogeys to take his total to eight-under 205.
Among other Indians, Himmat Rai slipped to the tied 17th spot after a one-over 72 left his total at four-under 209.
Further down, Rahil Gangjee carded a second successive one-under 70 to total one-under 212 and take a share of the 27th position.
C Muniyappa had a poor day as he returned a four-over 75 to be tied for the 54th spot with a total of four-over 217.
Japan’s Yoshinobu Tsukada drained a 15-foot eagle putt on the last hole to snatch a one-shot lead from Thailand’s Chinnarat Phadungsil.
Tskuba overcame a three-shot deficit at the start of the day with a solid five-under 66 to total 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users