Lahiri jumps to tied 8th after Rd3 of Queen’s Cup
Samui: Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri put himself in contention for a top-five finish with a five-under 66 in the penultimate round that catapulted him to the eighth spot in the USD 300,000 Queen’s Cup on Friday.
Lahiri reeled off seven birdies against a couple of bogeys to take his total to eight-under 205.
Among other Indians, Himmat Rai slipped to the tied 17th spot after a one-over 72 left his total at four-under 209.
Further down, Rahil Gangjee carded a second successive one-under 70 to total one-under 212 and take a share of the 27th position.
C Muniyappa had a poor day as he returned a four-over 75 to be tied for the 54th spot with a total of four-over 217.
Japan’s Yoshinobu Tsukada drained a 15-foot eagle putt on the last hole to snatch a one-shot lead from Thailand’s Chinnarat Phadungsil.
Tskuba overcame a three-shot deficit at the start of the day with a solid five-under 66 to total 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug