Lahiri melts to 81; Randhawa, Chowrasia, likely to make cut
Crans Montana (Switzerland): Even as Anirban Lahiri had a nightmarish meltdown in the second round, Jyoti Randhawa, SSP Chowrasia and Gaganjeet Bhullar seemed the only Indians to make their berths for weekend certain at the Omega European Masters.
Randhawa, who shot a fine 68 on first day had a 73 on second, but at one-under, he was set to make the cut, while SSP Chowrasia carded 71-71 in the first two rounds to be even par, which was likely to be the cutline.
Likely to join them over the last two rounds was Bhullar, who had a 72 in first round was three-under through 12 holes and was two-under with six to play.
Lahiri, five-under for first round, went 10-over in second at five-over 147 for two days, he missed the cut after looking a contender on first day.
Randhawa, talking about his own game said, "I haven`t been playing for two, three months now and I?ve been taking it easy and relaxing at home. So coming here and performing like this, I?m really happy."
But things were rather rough for all others, but none had a heartbreak worse than Lahiri. The 25-year-old, who was the toast of the first session on Thursday morning had a nightmare.
After being five-under for the first round, he was 10-over 81 for the second day, a swing of 15 shots within one round. It also saw Lahiri exit after being fourth at the end of first round.
Other Indians shooting themselves out of the tournament were Himmat Rai (71-74), Shiv Kapur (73-73) and Digvijay Singh (78-73). Chiragh Kumar after a 77 in first round was five-over for second day to be 11-over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145