Lahiri shares lead midway through second round
Crans Montana (Switzerland): India`s Anirban Lahiri kept a share of the lead midway through the second round of the Omega European Masters at the picturesque Crans-sur-Sierre, here on Friday.
Lahiri, who shot eight-under 63 in the first round, was one-under through nine holes with three birdies and two bogeys.
Danny Willett (69-67), Victor Dubuisson (68-65) and Stephen Gallacher (five-under through 12 in second round) were at nine-under alongside Lahiri.
Shiv Kapur ensured he would play the weekend rounds with cards of 70 and 69, while Gaganjeet Bhullar, who shot 68 in first round, was one-over through 13 holes in second, and was two-under for the tournament, where the cut looks likely at even par.
Jeev Milkha Singh was three-over through 12 holes after the first round of 68. At even par for the tournament with six holes to go, he is on the bubble and cannot afford any more mistakes.
SSP Chowrasia (73-71) looks likely to miss the cut at two-over and going out with him would be C Muniyappa (71-74) at three-over. Himmat Rai and Digvijay, who are yet to complete their second round are at four-over and five-over respectively and will certainly miss the cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users