Lahiri shares lead midway through second round
Crans Montana (Switzerland): India`s Anirban Lahiri kept a share of the lead midway through the second round of the Omega European Masters at the picturesque Crans-sur-Sierre, here on Friday.
Lahiri, who shot eight-under 63 in the first round, was one-under through nine holes with three birdies and two bogeys.
Danny Willett (69-67), Victor Dubuisson (68-65) and Stephen Gallacher (five-under through 12 in second round) were at nine-under alongside Lahiri.
Shiv Kapur ensured he would play the weekend rounds with cards of 70 and 69, while Gaganjeet Bhullar, who shot 68 in first round, was one-over through 13 holes in second, and was two-under for the tournament, where the cut looks likely at even par.
Jeev Milkha Singh was three-over through 12 holes after the first round of 68. At even par for the tournament with six holes to go, he is on the bubble and cannot afford any more mistakes.
SSP Chowrasia (73-71) looks likely to miss the cut at two-over and going out with him would be C Muniyappa (71-74) at three-over. Himmat Rai and Digvijay, who are yet to complete their second round are at four-over and five-over respectively and will certainly miss the cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?