Lahiri shares lead midway through second round
Crans Montana (Switzerland): India`s Anirban Lahiri kept a share of the lead midway through the second round of the Omega European Masters at the picturesque Crans-sur-Sierre, here on Friday.
Lahiri, who shot eight-under 63 in the first round, was one-under through nine holes with three birdies and two bogeys.
Danny Willett (69-67), Victor Dubuisson (68-65) and Stephen Gallacher (five-under through 12 in second round) were at nine-under alongside Lahiri.
Shiv Kapur ensured he would play the weekend rounds with cards of 70 and 69, while Gaganjeet Bhullar, who shot 68 in first round, was one-over through 13 holes in second, and was two-under for the tournament, where the cut looks likely at even par.
Jeev Milkha Singh was three-over through 12 holes after the first round of 68. At even par for the tournament with six holes to go, he is on the bubble and cannot afford any more mistakes.
SSP Chowrasia (73-71) looks likely to miss the cut at two-over and going out with him would be C Muniyappa (71-74) at three-over. Himmat Rai and Digvijay, who are yet to complete their second round are at four-over and five-over respectively and will certainly miss the cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand