Lankan Anura Rohana grabs top spot
Pune: Sri Lankan Anura Rohana fired a four under 67 to jump to the top spot after round three of the PGTI Players Championship on Friday.
Rohana grabbed the top of the leaderboard at 10 under 203 while compatriot Mithun Perera also shot a 67 to be placed tied second along with Kolkata`s Shankar Das and Bangalorean R Murthy at eight under 205.
Rohana (69-67-67), who was overnight second, did not have the ideal start to round three. He dropped a double bogey on the opening hole after finding the green in four shots at Poona Club Golf Course.
The Colombo-based professional, still looking for his maiden title on the Aircel PGTI, made a speedy recovery thereafter as it rained birdies for him.
The 37-year-old Sri Lankan sank a 12-footer for birdie on the fourth and then kept landing his approach shots within eight feet to accumulate birdies on the sixth, eighth, ninth, 10th and 15th. He ended the day with bogey-birdie on the last two holes to sign off with a hard-earned 67.
Perera`s (70-68-67) round of 67 featured five birdies against a lone bogey. He is currently two strokes off the pace in joint second along with Shankar Das (69-69-67), who shot a bogey-free round and R Murthy (69-68-68).
Vijay Kumar occupies fifth place at seven under 206 while overnight leader Toran Bikram Shahi and Shamim Khan were in tied sixth at six under 207.
Gaganjeet Bhullar lies tied 11th at four under 209 and defending champion Mukesh Kumar totalled two under 211 after three rounds to be joint 16th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog