Late bogeys cost Jeev dear, misses cut in Morocco
Agadir (Morocco): A costly bogey on the back nine put paid to Jeev Milkha Singh`s hopes as he missed the midway cut in Trophee Hassan II event on the European Tour on Saturday.
Jeev shot a one-under 71, but that was not enough to make the cut following his first round 74. His total of 145 was one short of the cut which came at even par.
Jeev had four birdies on the first 10 holes on the first, seventh, eighth and tenth, but bogeys on third and 10th had him on the bubble. A late bogey on 14th saw Jeev crash out as 71 players made the cut.
Damien McGrane signed for a second round 68 on his return to Golf du Pails Royal to retake the lead. The Irishman only played five holes yesterday after five-and-a-half hours play was lost to strong winds.
That allowed Welshman Phillip Price to set the clubhouse target at 10-under par with the former Ryder Cup star carding a 66.
But McGrane, who began the tournament with a 65, had four birdies and no dropped shots over the 13 holes remaining in his round to re-establish his lead at 11-under par.
Jose Manuel Lara and Joel Sjoholm, who like Price were able to complete their rounds yesterday, lie third and fourth on nine and eight-under respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!