Lee Westwood still hopeful of Major win despite Muirfield `misery`
London: After Lee Westwood`s 62nd attempt at winning a Major went in vain, the former World No 1 has claimed that he is mentally stronger than ever before despite losing a two-shot lead in the final round of this year`s Open Championship.
According to the Mirror, Westwood reckons he can still win a Major, although he saw a tough loss at Muirfield, where Phil Mickelson stormed through with round nine shots better than his rival to lift the Claret Jug.
The report said that the former World No 1 relaxed away from the crushing pressure of the Muirfield finale by opening a new course in his name at Close House Golf club in Northumberland`s Tyne Valley.
Westwood also said that he played an alright but not fantastic final round and lost the lead because of an operator error, denying it was something mental and added that he blamed a couple of bad club selections in the gusty conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price