Legendary golfer Norman reiterates Tiger Woods running scared of McIlroy
Sydney: Legendary golfer Greg Norman has said nothing has changed since September when he said Tiger Woods was intimidated by world no.1 Rory McIlroy. Norman has added fuel to the fire, declaring that the fallen US superstar can’t keep up with the Northern Irishman who has now got the number of Woods. Norman said he stood by his comments earlier this year that McIlroy had surpassed Woods as the alpha male in world golf.
“What I``m seeing is that Tiger is really intimidated by Rory... When have you ever seen him intimidated by another player? Never,” News.com.au quoted Norman, as saying, in an interview published in September. McIlroy finished 2012 at the top of the money list for the US and European tours as well as the world rankings after a year that netted the 23-year-old almost 11 million dollars in prize money and his second major, the US PGA.
Norman’s initial assessment sparked outrage in the US but the dual British Open champion is standing firm. “I was right. I think when you are around the game for long enough, you can tell. Players can tell,” Norman said. “We understand what the game is all about and there is always a new wave of new kids coming through who don’t have that fear factor,.
The other players do feel that. To me it was a very logical statement to make. I stand by it today,” he added. ‘’I actually think that Tiger really can’t keep up with Rory. He is trying to keep up with him (but) I think Rory has got his number,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Is there life after death?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'