Lohan best Indian at tied 19th in Selangor Masters
Petaling Jaya (Malaysia): Abhinav Lohan, playing in his first season on the Asian Tour, carded an even par 71 to end as the best Indian in tied 19th spot at the end of the first round in the Worldwide Holdings Selangor Masters golf tournament here on Thursday.
Anirban Lahiri, C Muniyappa and Rahil Gangjee carded two-over 73 each to be placed tied 43rd. Abhijit Chadha (74) was tied 55th, Sujjan Singh (75) was 79th while Himmat Rai (77), Shankar Das (78) and Ajeetesh Sandhu (84) lagged way behind.
Thailand`s Pariya Junhasavasdikul rediscovered some of his best form to storm into early first round lead with a five-under-par 66.
The 28-year-old, who has one Asian Tour title under his belt, snared eight birdies against one bogey and a double bogey at a sun baked Seri Selangor Golf Club to lead by one stroke from Korea`s Baek Seuk-hyun in the USD 400,000 tournament.
Talented Malaysian amateur Gavin Green continued to show his promise with a measured 68 for joint third place alongside six-time Asian Tour winner Lin Wen-tang of Chinese Taipei and Australian duo Wade Ormsby and Adam Groom.
Pariya has not hit top form in 2013 but his game clicked at Seri Selangor, which is playing hard and fast due to the dry conditions. After turning in 31, he dropped a double bogey on the third hole before bouncing back with three straight birdies for the early lead.
After ending a four-year title drought at the Solaire Open in Manila earlier this season, Lin believes he is now back to his best form after several lukewarm seasons due to injuries. He signed off his round in style by chipping in a birdie on the 18th hole.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31