Louis Oosthuizen sidelined after recurrence of back injury
Johannesburg: Former British Open champion Louis Oosthuizen will be out for two weeks after suffering a recurrence of a long-standing back problem, his management company said on Tuesday.
The 31-year-old South African has been told to rest after having cortisone injections.
"My back has been sore during the last few tournaments and it has been frustrating," Oosthuizen said in a news release.
"I`m hopeful the injections will free up the problem and enable it to go away completely."
The injury also kept 2010 Open champion Oosthuizen on the sidelines for two months earlier this season.
He is planning to return to the European Tour at the Nedbank Challenge in Sun City starting on December 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor