Louis Oosthuizen sidelined after recurrence of back injury
Johannesburg: Former British Open champion Louis Oosthuizen will be out for two weeks after suffering a recurrence of a long-standing back problem, his management company said on Tuesday.
The 31-year-old South African has been told to rest after having cortisone injections.
"My back has been sore during the last few tournaments and it has been frustrating," Oosthuizen said in a news release.
"I`m hopeful the injections will free up the problem and enable it to go away completely."
The injury also kept 2010 Open champion Oosthuizen on the sidelines for two months earlier this season.
He is planning to return to the European Tour at the Nedbank Challenge in Sun City starting on December 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?