Louis Oosthuizen sidelined after recurrence of back injury
Johannesburg: Former British Open champion Louis Oosthuizen will be out for two weeks after suffering a recurrence of a long-standing back problem, his management company said on Tuesday.
The 31-year-old South African has been told to rest after having cortisone injections.
"My back has been sore during the last few tournaments and it has been frustrating," Oosthuizen said in a news release.
"I`m hopeful the injections will free up the problem and enable it to go away completely."
The injury also kept 2010 Open champion Oosthuizen on the sidelines for two months earlier this season.
He is planning to return to the European Tour at the Nedbank Challenge in Sun City starting on December 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler