Louis Oosthuizen sidelined after recurrence of back injury

Last Updated: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 09:16

Johannesburg: Former British Open champion Louis Oosthuizen will be out for two weeks after suffering a recurrence of a long-standing back problem, his management company said on Tuesday.

The 31-year-old South African has been told to rest after having cortisone injections.

"My back has been sore during the last few tournaments and it has been frustrating," Oosthuizen said in a news release.

"I`m hopeful the injections will free up the problem and enable it to go away completely."

The injury also kept 2010 Open champion Oosthuizen on the sidelines for two months earlier this season.

He is planning to return to the European Tour at the Nedbank Challenge in Sun City starting on December 5.

Reuters

First Published: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 10:02

comments powered by Disqus