McIlory fails to show his best at US PGA
Washington: Britain’s Golf star Rory McIlory has admitted that he failed to give his best performance during the ongoing US PGA Championship.
McIlory, who wore light strapping to protect the wrist tendon injury he sustained hitting a tree root on Thursday finished with a score of seven over.
“I have putted terribly this week. I would like to say the wrist is part of it but it shouldn’t affect it. I don’t want to make any excuses. I just haven’t played well enough,” McIlory was quoted, as saying by The Daily Express.
McIlory acknowledged that if the injury occurred at a tournament other than a major, he would have withdrawn. But, he reiterated that he wanted to stay in the final major of the year.
“I am worried about the injury because I feel as if I can’t play to the best of my abilities with it. But I am not worried about it long term. It should just take a few weeks to heal,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder