McIlory fails to show his best at US PGA
Washington: Britain’s Golf star Rory McIlory has admitted that he failed to give his best performance during the ongoing US PGA Championship.
McIlory, who wore light strapping to protect the wrist tendon injury he sustained hitting a tree root on Thursday finished with a score of seven over.
“I have putted terribly this week. I would like to say the wrist is part of it but it shouldn’t affect it. I don’t want to make any excuses. I just haven’t played well enough,” McIlory was quoted, as saying by The Daily Express.
McIlory acknowledged that if the injury occurred at a tournament other than a major, he would have withdrawn. But, he reiterated that he wanted to stay in the final major of the year.
“I am worried about the injury because I feel as if I can’t play to the best of my abilities with it. But I am not worried about it long term. It should just take a few weeks to heal,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble