McIlroy abruptly walks out of Honda Classic citing wisdom tooth pain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida: World No. 1 Rory McIlroy walked off the course on Friday at the Honda Classic as everybody was left wondering what happened.
The 23-year-old who is the defending champion withdrew after hitting his second shot into the water on the 18th - his ninth - and slumping to seven over par for the day.
"There`s not really much I can say, guys. I`m not in a great place mentally," McIlroy said as a few reporters approached him asking what went wrong.
About an hour after he left, the 23-year-old released a statement that attributed his withdrawal to a sore wisdom tooth. McIlroy apologized to the tournament after the incident, saying he had every intention of defending his title at the Honda Classic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city