McIlroy abruptly walks out of Honda Classic citing wisdom tooth pain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida: World No. 1 Rory McIlroy walked off the course on Friday at the Honda Classic as everybody was left wondering what happened.
The 23-year-old who is the defending champion withdrew after hitting his second shot into the water on the 18th - his ninth - and slumping to seven over par for the day.
"There`s not really much I can say, guys. I`m not in a great place mentally," McIlroy said as a few reporters approached him asking what went wrong.
About an hour after he left, the 23-year-old released a statement that attributed his withdrawal to a sore wisdom tooth. McIlroy apologized to the tournament after the incident, saying he had every intention of defending his title at the Honda Classic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM