McIlroy blames ‘lack of motivation’ after Ryder Cup win for pounding by Woods
London: World number one golfer Rory McIlroy has admitted he lacked the motivation to play after winning the Ryder Cup in the most amazing manner with Team Europe, and also blamed it for the pounding he received at the hands of rival Tiger Woods at the Turkish Airlines World Golf Final.
The Ulsterman finished last in the eight-man exhibition event when he was thrashed by six shots by Woods in the last group game
But after his third defeat of the week, McIlroy admitted he had struggled to raise his game after the Miracle of Medinah and a hectic summer.
“I’m not that disappointed because I’ve got the afternoon off around the pool - I don’t mind. I just came here because I have never played in Turkey and there’s a lot of good players here, and I thought it would be a fun week and it has been,” the Daily Mirror quoted McIlroy, as saying.
“I’ve treated this week as: ‘Its great to come here, nice weather, play a bit of golf, I get to spend some time with Caroline’. I viewed it as a week like that. I didn’t touch a club until the first day,” he added.
“I probably lacked a little bit of motivation. It is Ryder Cup blues. I have basically drawn a line after the Ryder Cup. It has been a great season and I am ready to be done. I have another week off next week and get myself up for the last push for the Race to Dubai,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends