McIlroy blames ‘lack of motivation’ after Ryder Cup win for pounding by Woods
London: World number one golfer Rory McIlroy has admitted he lacked the motivation to play after winning the Ryder Cup in the most amazing manner with Team Europe, and also blamed it for the pounding he received at the hands of rival Tiger Woods at the Turkish Airlines World Golf Final.
The Ulsterman finished last in the eight-man exhibition event when he was thrashed by six shots by Woods in the last group game
But after his third defeat of the week, McIlroy admitted he had struggled to raise his game after the Miracle of Medinah and a hectic summer.
“I’m not that disappointed because I’ve got the afternoon off around the pool - I don’t mind. I just came here because I have never played in Turkey and there’s a lot of good players here, and I thought it would be a fun week and it has been,” the Daily Mirror quoted McIlroy, as saying.
“I’ve treated this week as: ‘Its great to come here, nice weather, play a bit of golf, I get to spend some time with Caroline’. I viewed it as a week like that. I didn’t touch a club until the first day,” he added.
“I probably lacked a little bit of motivation. It is Ryder Cup blues. I have basically drawn a line after the Ryder Cup. It has been a great season and I am ready to be done. I have another week off next week and get myself up for the last push for the Race to Dubai,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- National Ranking to have separate parameters for IISERs: Smriti Irani
- Hizb commander who blasted Kashmir telecom towers killed
- Euro 2016: Roy Hodgson didn't expect England exit so early in the tournament
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video