McIlroy moves up leaderboard at 2.7 mln-dollar Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship
Johannesburg: Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy has reportedly surged up the leaderboard at the halfway stage of the 2.7 million-dollar Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship on Friday, moving within striking distance of back-to-back titles in full-field events.
The world number seven, who was two shots behind leaders Craig Lee of Scotland and Spaniard Rafael Cabrera-Bello, took his two-day tally to seven-under par 137, and in tied fourth place with a round of five-under par 67, which included a double bogey on the front nine.
According to Sport24, Lee added a 67 to his 68 on Thursday, while Cabrera-Bello shot a 68 on Friday, adding that Englishman Danny Willett made the biggest move of the day by carding a run of nine-under par 63 to move to third place at eight-under par 136.
World number three Henrik Stenson , who was two-over 146, could not make a move in the right direction and he missed his first cut since the Quail Hollow Championship on the PGA Tour in May last year.
The report mentioned that world number five Phil Mickelson finally found the birdies on Friday, and a 70 moved the American to one-under par 143.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar