McIlroy not concentrating on Woods ahead of Augusta National
London: Former World number one golfer Rory McIlroy believes Tiger Wood’s return in form is a good thing for the sport, but insists he is concentrating on his own game rather than keeping an eye on Woods, ahead of the Augusta National.
Woods has emerged as the new favorite for Augusta, but that didn’t bother McIlroy, as he was in Miami.
The US Open champion maintained Wood’s new found form “doesn’t do anything” to his bid to claim his first Masters next week.
“To be honest I didn’t see any of the golf at the weekend - I’ve been in Miami - but I saw he won by a few shots so he must have played really well. It’s great for the game and very exciting for Augusta. What happened at the weekend obviously lifts it up a level,” The Daily Mail quoted McIlroy, as saying.
“He produces excitement and interest that no-one else can. But for me personally, it doesn’t do anything. I have to concentrate on myself, 100 per cent. It’s not just about a couple of guys - there are a hundred or so guys in the field,” he said.
“All I can do is try to come to terms with what the course demands and work hard to get my game in the best possible shape. That’s all I can do and all the rest of the field can do as well, concentrate on ourselves,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living