McIlroy pulls out of UNICEF’s Haiti support mission for playing commitments
Glasgow: Golf ace Rory McIlroy, who is suffering from a bad run of form, has pulled out of a humanitarian mission to Haiti because of his playing commitments.
The two-time major winner, who is an ambassador for the children`s charity UNICEF, was due to fly to the Caribbean island today to visit schools and community projects.
McIlroy said unfortunately, he had to postpone his planned trip to Haiti with UNICEF due to a change in my playing commitments.
McIlroy, who is due to compete in the forthcoming Augusta Masters, has endured a difficult start to the year and has been struggling to find his best form after changing his club and ball manufacturers, the paper said.
Last week, McIlroy was surpassed by American ace golfer Tiger Woods as the world`s number one, it added.
McIlroy has been a UNICEF ambassador for two years and first visited Haiti in 2011 to see the devastation caused by the earthquake of 2010, which killed or injured thousands and left more than a million people homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!