McIlroy says in better place after breaking 2013 duck
Johannesburg: Rory McIlroy heads to his final event of the year at the Tiger Woods-hosted World Challenge this week saying he is in a better place mentally after winning his first tournament of 2013, according to reports.
According to Sport24, the Northern Irishman overhauled crowd favourite and reigning US Masters champion Adam Scott with a final round 66 to win the Australian Open on Sunday by a single shot with an 18-under-par tally.
It was his first victory for more than 12 months and came at the expense of the popular Australian, who misjudged the wind and could only manage a bogey on the last hole at Royal Sydney, the report said.
McIlroy said that he just felt in a better place mentally with some things off the course.
He added that he never lost belief although he was frustrated at times because of not being able to win any tournament.
The World Challenge is being played in California, featuring an elite 18-man field, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore