McIlroy says in better place after breaking 2013 duck
Johannesburg: Rory McIlroy heads to his final event of the year at the Tiger Woods-hosted World Challenge this week saying he is in a better place mentally after winning his first tournament of 2013, according to reports.
According to Sport24, the Northern Irishman overhauled crowd favourite and reigning US Masters champion Adam Scott with a final round 66 to win the Australian Open on Sunday by a single shot with an 18-under-par tally.
It was his first victory for more than 12 months and came at the expense of the popular Australian, who misjudged the wind and could only manage a bogey on the last hole at Royal Sydney, the report said.
McIlroy said that he just felt in a better place mentally with some things off the course.
He added that he never lost belief although he was frustrated at times because of not being able to win any tournament.
The World Challenge is being played in California, featuring an elite 18-man field, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read