McIlroy says PGA Tour waiting for new `dominant` golfer following Woods` injury
Washington: Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy has said that the PGA Tour needs a dominant player to emerge after world number one Tiger Woods` latest injury.
Following his pro-am at the Houston Open , McIlroy said that he has not contacted the 14-time Major winning American since news broke of Woods` back surgery that will keep him out of next week`s visit to Augusta National.
According to Fox News, McIlroy also said that the sport overall, not just the upcoming Masters, is seemingly as wide open as it had been during his time as a pro.
Meanwhile, the report added that Australian Steven Bowditch earned his first PGA Tour win at the Texas Open in San Antonio, becoming the tour`s 17th different winner in its last 20 events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH