McIlroy says PGA Tour waiting for new `dominant` golfer following Woods` injury
Washington: Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy has said that the PGA Tour needs a dominant player to emerge after world number one Tiger Woods` latest injury.
Following his pro-am at the Houston Open , McIlroy said that he has not contacted the 14-time Major winning American since news broke of Woods` back surgery that will keep him out of next week`s visit to Augusta National.
According to Fox News, McIlroy also said that the sport overall, not just the upcoming Masters, is seemingly as wide open as it had been during his time as a pro.
Meanwhile, the report added that Australian Steven Bowditch earned his first PGA Tour win at the Texas Open in San Antonio, becoming the tour`s 17th different winner in its last 20 events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble