McIlroy says PGA Tour waiting for new `dominant` golfer following Woods` injury
Washington: Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy has said that the PGA Tour needs a dominant player to emerge after world number one Tiger Woods` latest injury.
Following his pro-am at the Houston Open , McIlroy said that he has not contacted the 14-time Major winning American since news broke of Woods` back surgery that will keep him out of next week`s visit to Augusta National.
According to Fox News, McIlroy also said that the sport overall, not just the upcoming Masters, is seemingly as wide open as it had been during his time as a pro.
Meanwhile, the report added that Australian Steven Bowditch earned his first PGA Tour win at the Texas Open in San Antonio, becoming the tour`s 17th different winner in its last 20 events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm