McIlroy up to world number two after British Open win
Hoylake: Rory McIlroy is the new world number two after his dramatic British Open victory on Sunday at Royal Liverpool lifted him six places in the rankings.
Australia`s Adam Scott keeps the number one spot after finishing in a tie for fifth with countryman Marc Leishman on 12 under, five shots behind the Northern Irishman.
Sweden`s Henrik Stenson drops to number three while Justin Rose of England is fourth and Spaniard Sergio Garcia climbs from ninth to fifth.
American Bubba Watson, who missed the cut this weekend, drops two spots to sixth, his compatriot Matt Kuchar also falls to seven and Australia`s Jason Day takes eighth place moving up two spots.
American duo Tiger Woods, who endured his worst ever British Open with a six over par score, and Jim Furyk complete the top ten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!